- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup green pepper
- 1 tbsp Southwest Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Mash Beans
- Mix beans, onion, pepper, eggs, bread crumbs, egg, and seasonings until well combined
- Form into 4 patties
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil on skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until well browned. Flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until heated through (minimum internal temperature should be 145F or higher).
- Top with cheese, roasted peppers, Greek yogurt, or any other desired toppings.
- Freezer friendly
The best meals are simple, cheap, delicious, and satisfying. Everyone needs to have something they can whip up in a pinch, or in the case of our black bean burger, make ahead of time, freeze, and pull out whenever you want them.
Recipes like this are great because they don’t require a frantic trip to the grocery store for a cart-full of ingredients. You can easily keep several of them on hand and prep whenever you need them. It is also easily customizable, we settled on a version that we enjoy, but you can go wild.
After the first time anyone makes these, they instantly become a go-to meal. These burgers freeze well and will save you from tempting take out the next time you feel too rushed to cook dinner. We enjoy them on a whole grain bun with sharp cheddar, avocado, and juicy tomato.