- 8oz. plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Southwest seasoning
- ½ cup black beans
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 2 Tbsp reduced fat cheese
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, and seasoning in a large bowl. Mix well. Transfer into smaller, portable container. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a layered style.
- Spice it up with different seasonings.
Still craving those Super Bowl snacks? While we love a good Super Bowl feast as much as the next guy (or gal), the average calorie intake on this American holiday is anywhere from 3,000-20,000 calories1. That’s not something our butts can afford to keep up. Instead, find lighter, more nutritious versions of the flavors you love. This Greek Yogurt Taco Dip makes a delicious light lunch or hefty snack to hold you over until your next meal.
While Greek yogurt and black beans provide a good source of protein, the southwest seasoning gives this dip a spicy kick. We love McCormick’s Perfect Pinch® Southwest Sweet-n-Smoky Salt-Free Seasoning in this recipe, but you can stick to traditional taco seasoning or your own special blend of spices if you prefer.
Top with some diced avocado and enjoy this with our tasty, whole grain homemade tortilla chips.
1. This statistic is entirely made up and has no scientific validity. However, we do know that the average chicken wing (yes, one single wing) has between 100 and 200 calories. You do the math.